WHAT INFORMATION IS BEING COLLECTED?
We collect a variety of information before, during and after have placed your order with us and use any of our services. This includes:
- Names, Addresses and contact information of the person placing an order with us / using our services including telephone numbers and email address.
- If you email us or send messages via social media, these messages are stored within our email system or social media accounts. These messages are stored for as long as practicable to allow us to provide you with better future services.
- We do on some occasions collect images of our work but no other accompanying personal data.
WHO IS COLLECTING THE DATA?
This data is being collected by Carpet Trade Supplies Macclesfield Ltd, Royal Buildings, Pickford Street, Macclesfield, Cheshire,SK11 6HX.
HOW IS IT BEING COLLECTED?
Our data is collected directly from you when you request a measure, quotation or place an order.
Whether you fill out a request form online on our website, or tell us face to face, via the telephone, via E-mail, or social media message so you are in control of the data we have on you as an individual.
Data in the form of photograph images may be collected on the day after a job has been completed for display on the company website or Facebook page. However, these images will only be taken with your consent and no personal data will be included.
WHY IS IT BEING COLLECTED?
The data we have collect is for the purpose of providing you with a service you have ordered, or had ordered for you. We only collect data that is completely necessary to the core function of our business and we do not collect any data that is not completely necessary and essential to our order service and fitting service.
We are required by law to collect and store certain information relating to any order you place with us as a record of agreed terms between two parties.
HOW WILL IT BE USED?
Data we collect by CTSM will be used to enable us to provide our services and products to you. This requires us to store certain data in order for our business to be purposeful and functional.
Contact data (E-mail addresses) may be used to send you direct offers from CTSM about forthcoming promotions but in most cases these are just posted publicly on social media for individuals to opt into. Any promotions can be opted out from at any time.
CTSM may internally analyse data for business and forecast purposes.
CTSM may use Images relating to your order in the following ways (note, clients are free at any time to refuse the use of these images):
- On social media for promotion & advertising purposes
- On our website for promotion & advertising purposes
- Occasionally for marketing purposes (flyers etc)
WHO WILL IT BE SHARED WITH?
We take your privacy very seriously. We do not sell your data to third party organisations. There are a few scenarios where some of your data may be shared with third parties to allow us to provide our services to you. These include:
- Delivery and postage providers to allow us to send you documentation (quotations, samples etc).
- Law enforcement and legal requirements-we will provide data to law enforcement agencies if issued with a court order to do so.
HOW WILL THIS AFFECT YOU?
We collect, store and process your data in such a way that should have no negative effect on you as an individual.
HOW LONG IS DATA STORED?
- We are legally obliged to store some data. These include: If order has been confirmed) for example sales records, payment records for seven years (HMRC)
- Non confirmed order data is stored for one year.
HOW WILL MY DATA BE STORED?
Information will be stored on the company computer and/ or hard copy format stored in lockable cabinets in the main showroom office.
ACCESS TO STORED DATA.
If you have any questions about data we hold for you, please feel free to contact us.
If you would like further information on the legal guidelines we operate within, or have any concerns about how we use your data, please check the ICO’s website at HTTPS//ICO.ORG.UK